Chocolate Pear Pudding
4-5 pear peeled cored and halved
125 grams plain flour
25 grams cocoa powder
125 grams caster sugar
150 grams soft butter (plus extra for greasing)
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/gas mark 6/400ºF and grease a 22cm / 8½ inch square ovenproof dish with butter.
- Drain the pears and arrange them on the base of the dish.
- Put all the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blitz until you have a batter with a soft dropping consistency.
- Spread the brown batter over the pears, and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand out of the oven for 5 or 10 minutes and then serve with cream or ice cream